Thursday, September 19, 2013

This Year in Review: Vol. 2

Despite all the issues and stress in my life this year I have accomplished some great things. In January, I started a Project Management 9 month Certification Program. I completed the program in August with a high level of success and understanding of Project Management. In December, I plan on taking my PMP to get the official title of Project Manager from the Project Management Institute. Website creation and graphic design have always interested me. In March, I took an HTML+ and CSS class using Dreamweaver to create the sites. These classes were very interesting how typing a certain code results in different graphics or boxes.

I was also successful in starting new DJ residencies at clubs I truly enjoy playing. Jack's Pub and Grill in Renton is so much fun. I get to play rock to 80's to hip hop and everything in between. Last Supper Club was the first place I played hip hop and now I may be their last hip hop DJ since they are closing at the end of the year. And starting next month I will be on rotation at Cowgirls Inc. rock, country, and hip hop. Yeah buddy, Cowboy up! If you didn't know I grew up on a cow and pig farm. Plus, I have one offs at some great other spots like Amber, Moe Bar, Tia Lou's, and SeeSound Lounge.

The year is not over yet hopefully, I will find a great new company where I love working and can use all the skills I've learned this year. On the horizon is also the probability that I will go teach English abroad next year. The countries that I've narrowed it down to are Vietnam, Costa Rica, and Thailand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment